How to Boost Your IQ -- Guaranteed!
• Researcher Catherine Cox studied the habits of 300 geniuses — luminaries such as Isaac Newton, Einstein, Thomas Jefferson — and discovered that all of them were “compulsive” journal or diary keepers.
• A study determined that only one percent of the world’s population habitually engaged in daily journal writing. The study also found that that same one percent were almost always super high achievers, and that they almost always lived longer than the average for their time, place and era.
• Thomas Edison wrote an incredible 3 million pages of notes, letters and personal thoughts in hundreds of personal journals throughout his life.
• The brilliant cosmologist Steven Hawking contracted Lou Gehrig’s disease more than 30 years ago and was give just two years to live. Hawking is a shriveled up lump of a human being confined to an electronic wheelchair. He cannot speak, write, or even move more than just a trifle. But 32 years after contracting his disease, Hawking is considered among the world’s greatest thinkers. He remarried a few years ago after a divorce, and shows no signs of slowing down with his contributions to cosmology and quantum relativity theory. Although unable to physically keep a journal, Hawking has used computers and other mechanical aides to constantly record not only new ideas and scientific theories, but his own inner reflections.
• When he was a young man, Albert Einstein took a young woman sailing for a date. The date didn’t go very well. The young woman was frustrated because Einstein hardly said a word to her -- but instead spent the whole day scribbling in a small journal he carried with him.
Now here’s more good news: to get all of the IQ building effects of daily journaling, you don’t even have to write down anything that is coherent! This fact is demonstrated in the the journal of one of the great minds of the 19th Century, English inventor Thomas Faraday, a man much admired by Einstein himself.
Faraday filled thousands of notebooks with seeming utter nonsense. Many have studied the journals of Faraday hoping to discover the key to his brilliant mind. All have been frustrated. In Win Winger and Richard Poe’s book, The Einstein Factor, one researcher wrote:
“(Faraday's) Diaries have the irritating form of ideas jotted down, repeated and forgotten … a morass or articulated and unarticulated principles, concepts, observations and physical facts.”
In fact, the best method to build your IQ seems to be carrying a journal with you throughout the day and writing down any random thoughts as they occur to you. Now an added bonus: Keeping a daily “random thoughts” journal will not only make you smarter, but may also increase your life span! The evidence for this come from a fascinating study of a group of unusual nuns in Mankato, Minnesota.
The nuns are unique in that just about all of them live well past the average age of death for women in Minnesota. Most of them live well into their 90s, and some top the 100-year mark. Few or none of them have ever suffered from senile dementia or Alzheimer's Disease. What do the sisters all have in common? That’s right -- they are all obsessive journal keepers. Keeping a journal is a requirement of their particular order. And yes, a study of the nuns’ IQs showed that they were all well above average. Of course, there were other variables in the clean and serene lifestyle of the sisters that most likely contributed to their intelligence and long life -- but journal keeping is the single key element they all had in common. So there you have it. Buy a notebook and carry it wherever you go. Jot down your random thoughts, reflect upon what you write, and soon, you’ll be enjoying your shiny new super-powered IQ!
InstantIQTest.com - Take the IQ Test. Click Here
The IQ Mind Brain Blog is from Leon Edward who helps others
Increase Brain Power, Increase IQ, Memory, Focus, Concentration,
Creativity, Public Speaking, Reading Speed, Time Management and
Even Stress Management. Learn to Superboost your brain power,
optimize your iq and improve life with his IQ Mind Brain Success eLibrary
Download the IQ Mind Brain elibrary at
Read Excerpt chapters and get new articles in your ebox plus
other cool bonuses, join his free newsletter at
Get Your FREE Demo of The Exclusive Brain Evolution System™ Technology
Drastically Increase Brain Power
Learn How to Double Your Ability to Learn, Think Creatively, Solve ANY Problem, And Enjoy Limitless Energy Just By Listening to Your CD Player!
InstantIQTest.com - Take the IQ Test. Click Here
- Leon Edward also has a personal development website http://www.awesomesuccess.org/ for awesome personal development training online - Streaming Video Audio Webucation,leadership development , career improvement skills and wealth.
Other websites from Leon Edward include:
http://www.justvisualizeit.net/ - Learn to Optimize Your Mind through the power of the subconscious mind and reprogramming subconscious mind
Affiliate Marketing from begining to super affiliate
http://www.homebusinessit.com/ internet home businss ideas, opportunities and free training
- Learn to Earn Money At Home with Online Business Ideas, Home Business Reviews
and learn how to
get grants to start a business
Development Training guide, Success University Online
http://www.focusonthefamilylife.com/ - Visit Focus on the Family and Family Life infocenter for Hobbies, Travel, Best Articles on the Web Daily, Christian Music
and Christian Bookstore